Monday, May 30, 2005


Other market research blogs

Why did I launch Inside Market Research? One of the reasons was because I myself was looking for a blog to subscribe to as a reader, within the general field of marketing research and public opinion polling -- but I couldn't find one!

Granted, once I got underway with my own publication, I began to find more ways to find blogs, and only then did a few germane publications come to light. However, I am still left with the impression that the blog you're currently reading is the only one in the blogosphere that meets all of the following criteria:
  • Prepared to cover the entire realm of all facets of marketing research and public opinion polling
  • Written by an individual, independent of his/her corporate affiliation
  • Allows readers to comment on posts

That said, here is a short list of the most relevant other market research blogs I have found, even if they don't meet all three of the above criteria:


http://weblog.cheskin.net/ -- Obviously endorsed by the corporate sponsor (Cheskin), and they rarely allow readers to comment on posts.

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/toplevel/ -- Ditto, although readers are encouraged to e-mail the corporate authors of posts.

http://www.perseus.com/weblogs/survey_mentor_posts.html -- Alan Farius answers questions that readers e-mail him about market research surveys. Looks like he posts his comments once per week.

http://www.perseus.com/blogsurvey/blogsurvey.html -- Another offering from Perseus Development Corp., this one by Jeffrey Henning. It's all about the blog phenomenon itself, with a little bit of a market research angle. There's a neat quadrant map that suggests our own BlogSpot is a blogging software leader in both momentum and longevity.

http://perceptionanalyzer.typepad.com/ -- This is a blog that comes awfully close to fulfilling the three criteria I laid out above. Other than a headline graphic similar to an ad banner for the writer's employer, David Paull's blog emphasizes non-partisan wit and commentary. It therefore is hardly an advertisement for MSI and their Perception Analyzer device.

http://www.mysterypollster.com/ -- Mark Blumenthal's noteworthly blog about the tricky specialty of political polling.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/phone_survey/ -- an online community specifically for employees of the phone survey industry. Lots of moaning and complaining here, and all of it justified.



3 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, May 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your list of other market research blogs. I actually think my blog has very little corporate slant as I rarely reference our market research or Perception Analyzer services. On the contrary, I have tried to create a blog that provides infomation and insights my clients and potential clients will want to read about in hopes the content will keep them coming back and eventually click over to my corporate site to see what else we offer.

Anyway, hope you'll keep reading and I'll definitely pick up your feed.

 
At 2:19 AM, May 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great resources...thanks!

 
At 5:45 PM, June 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including Cheskin on your list of blogs. We leave it up to individual bloggers whether they accept comments or not, and most do, so feel free to add your perspective.

Good luck with your site--we look forward to reading more!
~Christopher Ireland/Cheskin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home